- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 5 servings
October 28 is National Chocolate Day. Celebrate in decadent style with this divine recipe for chocolate waffles with chocolate maple syrup, featuring ooey gooey chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Not that you need an excuse to eat chocolate!
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Hot fudge sauce (recipe follows)
- Chocolate maple syrup (recipe follows)
- Combine cocoa and butter in a bowl. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla and beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture into cocoa mixture alternately with buttermilk, stirring well. Add nuts if desired.
- Bake waffles in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions or make pancakes in a skillet. Serve waffles with hot fudge sauce and chocolate maple syrup.