- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: Makes about 4 cups
The key to making this wonderfully rich and creamy dessert is to use good quality bittersweet chocolate. Accompany each serving of chocolate soup with a side of toasted sweet bread and ice cream.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cream to garnish
- Place the milk and the cream into a saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a gentle boil. Add the chocolate to the mixture and let sit for 1 minute before whisking well to blend.
- Add the salt to the mixture, whisk once again to combine and then serve garnished with a swirl of fresh cream.