- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 8 hr 12 min
- Serving: 72
These fudgy gems are a favorite with kids.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coarse sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Heat oil and chocolate over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth and well blended.
- Add flour and baking powder; beat just until flour is mixed into dough. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar in flat bowl or pie plate. Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar until completely covered.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet 1-1/2" apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are sparkly but a bit soft. Remove and cool on rack.