- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/2 cups
Drizzle this decadent sauce over vanilla or chocolate ice cream, or artfully spoon over angel food cake.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the chocolate into the top of a double broiler to melt.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, evaporated milk and sugar, and then stir into the melted chocolate.
- Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until it reaches 160 degrees; about 20 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and then beat for 1 minute with a handheld mixer.
- Whisk in the vanilla, and then allow the chocolate sauce to cool before serving.