- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 15
Chocolate Pecan Bars have a hint of maple flavoring
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1, 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1 beaten egg. Press mixture evenly on bottom of ungreased 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and flavoring; stir in pecan halves. Pour over prepared crust, distributing pecan halves evenly. Return to oven. Bake 25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.