- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 2 cups
A wonderful chocolate and peanut butter spread the entire family will love. Enjoy it slathered on toast, crackers and muffins.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler and then set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the chocolate to a bowl and then add the peanut butter, butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix well to blend.
- Completely dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water and then add to the chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined and then transfer to a glass jar with a tightly-fitted cap.