- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 2 loaves
- 6 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rich milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Stir together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cocoa. Sift into a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, add to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Thoroughly mix in the butter and both nuts. Divide between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 1- 1 1/4 hours until toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
- Put on a rack to cool, and allow to stand 24 hours before cutting.