- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 5 loaves
Consider baking several loaves of this sweet and nutty bread to share with friends during the holidays.
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together eggs, instant coffee and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, then mix into egg mixture.
- Stir in slightly cooled chocolate; mix thoroughly.
- Blend in flour combination with buttermilk.
- Fold in cherries and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.