- Prep: 20 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8
Chocolate Mousse Cake is a cool and creamy layered dessert.
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies with fudge filling, finely crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Press cookie crumbs over bottom and side of greased 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, chocolate chips and coffee in top of double boiler. Cook until chocolate melts, stirring to blend thoroughly.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Add egg yolks to hot mixture, mixing well; set aside to cool. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar gradually, beating until stiff.
- Fold gently into whipped cream. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Pour into cooled chocolate crust. Freeze covered, at least overnight. Thaw in refrigerator for 8 hours before serving.