- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Chocolate and mint are made for each other - particularly in the summer when the need for refreshing coolness is as great as the want for a decadently satisfying dessert. Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann, host of Simply Delicioso on the Food Network
- 4 ounces Dove dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 prepared graham cracker piecrust
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 full-size 3 Musketeers Mint bars (8 total pieces), frozen for 1 hour
- 1 small container whipped topping
- Chocolate and green candy sprinkles, for garnish
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth. Using a spatula or pastry brush, coat the inside of the piecrust with a thin layer of the melted chocolate. Place in refrigerator and allow it to chill briefly to set the chocolate, about 5 minutes.
- Place the ice cream in a large chilled glass bowl and allow it to soften until pliable. Place the 3 Musketeers Mint bars in a food processor and pulse them until they are finely chopped. Mix the chopped candy with the ice cream, using two large spoons to press the ice cream and mix it thoroughly.
- Remove the pie shell from the refrigerator, spoon in the ice cream and smooth the top. Freeze the pie for 1 hour or until well set. Top with whipped topping, then sprinkle the top with the candy sprinkles in whatever design you wish. Slice and serve immediately.