- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These fun cookies are always a favorite during the Christmas season!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination into butter mixture.
- Fold in 3 cups coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate dough; chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in remaining coconut flakes.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately place a chocolate candy in the center of each cookie after removing from oven.