- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8-10 servings
Layered angel food cake with a chocolate glaze.
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare the angel food cake batter according to the package. Divide in half into two separate bowls.
- Add the cocoa to one bowl and gently mix in, mindful not to deflate batter.
- Spoon alternating layers of the batter into a 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the glaze, mix together the sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat on medium until it boils. Stir in the chocolate until it melts. Cool.
- Pour over the cooled cake.