- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 10
There's a whole lot of yum in these Chocolate Goody Bars.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tub ready to spread Vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1, 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease bottom only of a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; press lightly into frosting. Refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
- Measure cereal in a bowl. Set aside. Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in 1 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour. Cut into bars.