- Prep: 1 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: Serves 8 people
This pie is as tempting as it is delicious! Chocolate Fudge Pie is one of the ultimate holiday desserts!
- 1 pre-packaged 9-inch pie crust
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and shaved (for the garnish)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus and extra 3 tablespoons)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place a pie pan on a baking sheet. Prick the pie crust all around with a fork. Line the pie crust with aluminum foil. Use pie weights (or dried beans) to weigh down the crust, to the top. Bake the crust for about 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are firm. Remove the foil and weights, and continue to bake for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- Reduce your oven to 325 degrees. Using a saucepan, simmer water. Add the chocolate and butter to a heat-proof bowl, and place it over, but not in, the saucepan. Stir until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, salt and 1/2 cup of the sugar until fluffy. Fold about a third of the egg mixture into the chocolate, and then add in the remainder slowly.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake until it's puffy and starting to crack (about 20-25 minutes). Cool the pie for about an hour, then chill it in the refrigerator.
- Beat the heavy cream with the rest of the sugar until peaks form. Spread the mixture on top of the pie filling and garnish with the shaved chocolate.