- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 1
No eggs included, this classic drink is quick, refreshing, and delicious no matter the occasion. Bonus: The homemade chocolate syrup is also a simple fix.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, homemade (see below) or store bought
- 2 tablespoons milk (traditional), half and half, or cream
- Seltzer water to fill the glass
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Mix cocoa and sugar in a small bowl or Pyrex cup. Add some of the hot water and stir until the sugar and cocoa powder are dissolved. Add remaining water and stir until smooth. Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- Mix chocolate syrup and milk, (half and half or cream) in the bottom of a tall soda fountain glass. Add seltzer and a straw. Drink while the bubbles still tickle your nose.