- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4
- Yogurt Cheese:
- 16 ounces plain lowfat yogurt (2 cups)
- Â½ teaspoon almond extract
- Â½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- Fruit Medley:
- Â¼ cup chopped dried fruit (try dried peaches, mango or papaya)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Â¼ cup high-quality dark chocolate sauce, warmed
- Â¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toss the dried fruit, strawberries together in a small bowl.
- To make 1 cup of yogurt cheese, place 2 cups of plain lowfat yogurt into a yogurt cheese maker or wrap the yogurt in a double layer of cheesecloth and place in a strainer over a bowl.
- You may also tie the cheesecloth to a wooden spoon and lay the spoon over a deep bowl or glass.
- Make sure the cheesecloth does not hang touching the drained liquid.
- Refrigerate overnight to drain.
- Scrape yogurt cheese into a small bowl and add extracts and sugar, adjusting for your tastes.
- Mix until creamy smooth.
- Place Â½ cup yogurt cheese in a small dessert dish, top with Â½ cup fruit medley, drizzle with 1 tablespoon chocolate and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon toasted almonds.