- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 4-1/2 cups
Adding chocolate to classic cream cheese frosting makes this decadent dessert spread even more delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 3-ounces packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place the butter, cream cheese, chocolate and vanilla into a large bowl and beat with a handheld mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add 3 cups of the powdered sugar and the milk, and beat to combine.
- Sprinkle in the remaining powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and continue to beat until blended.