- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Zigzag a knife through the cream cheese mixture before baking for a marbelized effect.
- 1 package German chocolate sweet chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1, 3 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour, unsifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Melt chocolate with 3 tablespoons butter. Cool. Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese; add 1/4 cup sugar, cream together; add one egg and 1 tablespoon flour and vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs and add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup flour. Add chocolate mixture and nuts.
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture on the bottom of a 8 inch square pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Then spoon remaining chocolate mixture on top. Zigzag knife through batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.