- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 6-8 People
Try something new night at your house tonight by adding a bit of bittersweet chocolate to your chili. Your taste buds will taste the smooth, balanced taste of just a hint of chocolate and chili, but the kick from the cayenne pepper, hot chilies and chili powder will wow you, all at the same time!
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- Olive oil (enough to barely coat the bottom of your pan)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced finely
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans or 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar of stewed tomatoes (fresh is best, but 1 large can of crushed tomatoes can be used)
- 1 (10 ounce or larger) can tomatoes with chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to your taste)
- Salt and pepper (to your taste)
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your turkey.
- Remove it from the skillet and drain. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the meat, tomatoes, beans, tomatoes with chilies and seasonings (all to your taste), stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally -- tasting to see if any other spices are needed.
- Add the chocolate chips just before serving, stirring well to melt the chocolate into the chili.