- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 32 bars
Oatmeal bars with chocolate chunks.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl. Mix in the egg, water and vanilla and blend well. Mix in the flour and oats and mix until well combined. Add in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks.
- Spread the dough in the prepared pan, sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is firmed. Cool.