- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 8 to 10 servings
Everyone knows it is sometimes difficult to get kids (and adults) to eat vegetables, but it is always easy to get them to eat dessert. So in an effort to get them to eat vegetables, why not try combining the two for delicious desserts made with fresh veggies? Although these treats probably won’t give you the recommended daily servings, and they are still dessert, at least you can feel a little less guilty for enjoying them.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9-inch square pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg together. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together; gradually beat dry mixture into wet mixture until well combined; stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into squares