- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 1 dozen
Chocolate chip muffins with a delicious surprise in the middle
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup apricot or peach preserves or apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the egg, milk and oil, just until blended.
- Fill the muffin cup 1/4 full. Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon of the preserves. Finish filling the cup until 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.