- Prep: 12 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: 24
Better than classic chocolate chip cookies, these goodies have a special chew from dried cherries.
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place rolled oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground.
- Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a second large bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add chocolate chips and dried cherries, stirring until combined.
- Place 1/4 cup portions of dough onto cookie sheets, placing them 2-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Keep stored in an airtight container for best results.