- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 1 dozen cookies
These easy-to-make cookies will soon become a family favorite. Ideal for an afternoon snack. Consider making a batch to share with a friend.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into sugar mixture.
- Fold in apricots, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.