- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8
A great combination of flavors in Chocolate Cherry Quick Bread.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Mix together 3 cups flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk at low speed. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time until combined.
- Toss cherries with remaining flour. Fold cherries and chocolate into batter. Spread batter in a greased loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Bake loaf at 375 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes until golden and when wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool slightly. Turn loaf out onto rack and cool completely.