- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 People
Impress your friends with these extra-sweet muffins at your next breakfast gathering.
- 1 3-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- Mix together cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, milk and applesauce.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into greased muffin tin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture to each muffin; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.