- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 15-20 servings
German chocolate bars with nuts, caramel and chocoalte chips.
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together the cake mix, margarine and 1/3 cup of the milk. Spread half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in one saucepan. In another melt the caramels with the remaining milk.
- Spread the chocolate over the cake. Top with the caramel. Drizzle the remaining cake mix over.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.