- Prep: 2 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 20 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Cannoli
This elegant dessert recipe for Italian chocolate cannoli is a great dish to serve while entertaining guests. Accompany it with hot cups of coffee or a Moscato wine.
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 12 purchased cannoli cones
- Powdered sugar to garish
- Place the ricotta cheese, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla into a bowl, and then beat the mixture until thoroughly blended and smooth in texture. Add the chocolate pieces, stir to combine and then place in the refrigerator, covered, for 1 hour to chill.
- Transfer the chilled filling to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip, and pipe the chocolate mixture into the cannoli cones. Place onto a serving platter and then chill the filled cannoli in the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving with a dusting of powdered sugar.