- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen bars
These easy-to-make bars are so sweet and moist. Ideal for taking to potlucks or for using as gifts.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 16-ounce can chocolate syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, then mix in syrup.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix together remaining sugar, butter and milk.
- Boil mixture for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Remove mixture from heat; mix in remaining vanilla and chocolate chips until glaze becomes smooth.
- Spread glaze over warm bars.