- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 12
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 croissants
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- In large saucepan over a medium-high heat, bring cream just to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cocoa.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, and sugar.
- Pour cream mixture into egg mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Break croissants into 1 1/2-inch pieces and line bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Stir chocolate chips into cream mixture and pour over croissants.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until still jiggly in center. Cool on a rack 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream