- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8
Chocolate Angel Food Cake is heavenly.
- 1 cup (scant) sifted cake flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, sifted
- 1-2/3 cups egg whites at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift flour, cocoa and 3/4 cup sugar together 4 times; set aside.
- Combine egg whites with next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Beat at high speed of electric mixer until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Add remaining 1 cup sugar gradually, beating constantly. Sprinkle flour mixture quickly over egg whites, beating constantly at low speed.
- Spoon into ungreased tube pan. Cut through batter with spatula 6 times.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool completely, inverted.