- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 servings
These quick and easy mashed potatoes pack a big flavor punch with the mellow bite of chives. They're a great twist on the classic mashed potato recipe.
- 2 large potatoes, cut into two inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chives, snipped, plus extra for garnish
- ground black pepper
- Bring potatoes, broth, onion and garlic to boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for ten to 12 minutes until potatoes are soft enough to mash.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with milk, chives and pepper.
- Garnish with chives.