- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
A spicy baked twist on traditional fries.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, cut into thick or thin "fries"
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbl chipolte powder or plain chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place fries in a large bowl. Pour olive oil in and sprinkle on spices. Use your hands to evenly distribute the oil/spice mixture onto all the fries.
- Spread the fries in one layer onto greased baking sheets.
- Place in bottom layer of oven, if possible and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how skinny or fat you cut your fires. Watch for browning.
- Remove pans and flip over fries and bake for another 10 minutes or until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Transfer fries to paper towels to cool slightly. Season more if desired. Fries will crisp up as they sit.