- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 21 min
- Total: 31 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Spoon this chipotle chili on your favorite hot dog or burger, or triple the recipe for a hearty main dish meal.
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup lager beer, beef broth, or water
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the bacon and half the onion in a skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the jalapeno and garlic and cook for an additional minute before adding the ground beef.
- Cook the beef mixture for 5 minutes, add the seasonings, tomato sauce and beer and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Serve hot sprinkled with some sharp cheddar cheese.