- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 10
Chipotle, a smoke-dried rich-flavored jalapeno, gives delicious depth to this filling chicken chili.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Scatter chicken into saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until almost cooked through.
- Add chipotle puree, tomatoes and broth, stirring to combine. Bring to a low boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with pepper jack cheese and cilantro.