- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: 4
The smoky power of chipotle will enrich any dish, particularly beef. Chipotle chiles are normally canned in adobo sauce and found in the ethnic section of most supermarkets
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoons minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat grill to a medium-high to high temperature.
- Break up ground sirloin in a large mixing bowl and mix in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Use your hands since you will use them to shape the patties, anyway.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions (5 ounces each). Toss one portion of meat from one hand to the other to form a loose meat ball.
- Pat lightly to flatten into a patty about 3/4 inch thick.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining meat portions.
- Lightly oil the grill rack with vegetable oil and grill burgers until well seared on the first side, about 3 minutes.
- Flip with a wide spatula and continue grilling until desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your choice of toppings.