- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
A simple and delicious one-dish meal full of flavor and hearty goodness; this soup is a perfect for a weeknight dinner. Serve with crispy tortilla chips.
- 1 pound sweet potato (1 large), peeled and cubed (3/4-inch)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans black bean soup (18- to 19-ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the sweet potato, water, and salt in a large saucepan, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the black bean soup and the chipotles, and simmer the mixture for 4 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro, stir to combine and then ladle into bowls and serve.