- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
Chipotle and Rosemary make a spicy and aromatic combination that adds wonderful piquant flavor to these delicious mixed nuts.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1-3/4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 2-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the toasted nuts and toss to coat. Stir in the sugar and salt and cook the nuts for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat but continue to stir the mixture for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle in the chipotle powder and the rosemary, toss to coat and then allow the nuts to fully cool before serving.