- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 3 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
Chinese Vegetable Salad has a sweet and savory dressing.
- 1, 6 ounce package frozen Chinese pea pods, thawed and drained
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- Dressing: 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine vegetables in large serving bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- For dressing: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in small skillet. Add chili powder and cook, stirring until heated. Add remaining ingredients and mix well; let cool.
- About one hour before serving, pour dressing over vegetables and toss well. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.