- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 25 min
- Serving: 4
This is one of my favorite recipes, I love the mixed flavors. It is great served over rice or with Chinese noodles.
- 1 pkg. frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
- 1 large can juice-pack pineapple chunks (drain and reserve juice)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pound small shrimp, cooked and shelled
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Place pea pods and drained pineapple in crock pot.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch and sugar.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Add with juice, soy sauce and ginger to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook sauce for about 1 minute or until thickened and transparent.
- Slowly blend sauce into pea pods and pineapple.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add shrimp and vinegar, stirring carefully.