- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
If you don’t have Chinese noodles in your pantry no problem; this dish works just as well with spaghetti.
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (reserve 2 teaspoons for noodles)
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile oil or red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup warm freshly brewed black tea or warm water
- Salt to taste
- 12 ounces Chinese wheat noodles
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and return to pot. Drizzle with the 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Place the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, chile, and sugar into bowl and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the warm tea and a pinch of salt, and stir again to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat.
- Serve the noodles topped with cilantro and scallions.