- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Total: 43 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Chinese-inspired dish is both a simple and delicious combination of vegetables, shredded chicken and whole wheat noodles.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces whole-wheat noodles
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan wth enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken has boiled, transfer to a cutting board with a slotted spoon and then shred once cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles according package directions, adding the vegetables to the same pot 1 minute before the noodles are done. Bring back to a boil, cook for 1 minute and then drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta liquid.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger and reserved pasta liquid, and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pasta, vegetables and the shredded chicken to the bowl, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.