- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4-6 people
Chinese chicken withWwalnuts is a delicious Asian dish that puts a phenomenal twist on your traditional chicken.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1 inch lengths
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Set Aside.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir until blended.
- Add sherry, sugar, ginger root, red pepper, and salt to soy mixture.
- Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add olive oil.
- Stir fry the green peppers and onions for 2 minutes. Remove.
- Add walnuts and stir fry until golden. Remove. (Add more oil if needed)
- Add half the chicken to pan and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove.
- Add remaining chicken to pan and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Return the first half of the chicken and soy mixture to the pan. Stir often, until bubbly.
- Add vegetables and walnuts. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.