- Prep: 12 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 12 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6-8
Chilled Marinated Carrots are a refreshing side dish that goes great with everything.
- 4 pounds raw carrots, cleaned and peeled
- 1 meduim onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1, 103/4 ounce can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Slice carrots about 1/4 inch thick. Cook covered in 1 inch of salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Add onion and green pepper. Mix tomato soup, oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Pour tomato mixture over carrots, onion and green pepper. Refrigerate overnight.