- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This lovely, pale green avocado and yogurt soup is served chilled and garnished with melon balls, fresh basil leaves and toasted pine nuts. Serve as a soup starter accompanied by Cheverny wine.
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 8-9 ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, scooped with a melon baller
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted, to garnish
- Place the avocado, onion, stock, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a blender and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Season the soup with additional salt and pepper if needed and then ladle into bowls. Garnish each serving with a few melon balls, fresh basil and some toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.