- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4
Add beans and green salad to this and have a wonderful meal.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 4 canned whole green chili peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and cream of tartar on medium speed until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold in the egg substitute.
- Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of 4 individual size au gratin dishes.
- Place peepers on top of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes and cheese on top of the peppers.
- Carefully spread the remaining egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until the egg mixture is lightly brown and set.
- Serve with a green salad and your favorite beans.