- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6
Chili with Corn Dumplings is a hearty, slightly spicy meal that is simple to cook but is packed with flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 15 1/4 ounces can corn, undrained
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/3 cups bisquick
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Using a dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned. Drain.
- Stir 1/2 cup of corn and all corn juice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, and pepper sauce into beef.
- Bring mix to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix Bisquick, cornmeal, milk, cilantro, and remaining corn until moist.
- After chili has cooked, return to a boil and drop corn mixture using a spoon into chili to create dumplings.
- Reduce heat again and cook on low, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 more minutes before serving.