- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These zesty croutons are spiced with chili powder and baked until crisp. Add them to soups and salad for additional texture and flavor.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces crusty bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the bread cubes into a bowl and sprinkle with the olive oil, a few pinches of salt and pepper, and the chili powder.
- Toss to combine, then transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 6 minutes until golden brown.