- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Leaving the heads on shrimp adds succulent flavor and impressive presentation to your dish. Serve this sweet and savory seafood main course with steamed white rice.
- 2 pounds, large shrimp, preferably head-on, rinsed and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Asian sweet chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, tender inner white bulb only minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the ketchup, sherry, chile sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and sugar into a bowl, stir well until combined and then set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil into a large sauté pan over high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and then stir in the jalapeños, garlic, lemongrass and ginger. Cook the mixture for 1-1/2 minutes and then stir in the scallions and the ketchup mixture. Sauté for an additional 1 minute, stir in the cilantro and then serve immediately.