- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Tilapia is an extremely mild fish with a reputation for being slightly bland. As a result it is rubbed in a chili powder seasoning mix prior to cooking, to add new depths of flavor. Serve with a side of asparagus drizzled with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia, Pacific sole or other firm white fish fillets
- Place the chili powder, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt onto a plate, and stir to combine.
- Dredge the fish in the chili powder mixture to evenly coat.
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish once the oil begins to shimmer and cook for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the fish to plates and sprinkle with the reaming salt.